Do you have a pair of shoes with an insole that cannot be removed? You don’t need to throw away your favorite kicks! With these easy steps, you’ll be able to clean them and keep the insoles intact. The only thing you’ll need is a toothbrush, dish soap, and a bowl of water.
7 Tips to removing removable Insoles?
- Mix water and a few drops of dish soap in a bowl. Dip your toothbrush into the mixture and scrub the insoles gently. The soap will help to remove any dirt or dust.
- Activated charcoal is known for its ability to absorb dirt and other impurities. You can purchase activated charcoal at most drugstores or online.
- Wash complete shoes with insoles in dish soap. Use a toothbrush to clean in between the grooves of the insole. Be sure to rinse thoroughly and air dry.
- Use a soft toothbrush and water to scrub the insole. Be sure to use gentle, circular motions. If there are any deeper stains, you can consider using dish soap or washing the shoes in your washer.
- Vinegar is a natural disinfectant and can help to remove any bacteria or fungus from your shoes. Pour white vinegar or apple cider vinegar into a spray bottle and spray the insoles with the mixture. Let it sit for 20 minutes, and then use a toothbrush to scrub the insole, focusing on any tough stains. Rinse with water and air dry.
- Make a baking soda paste by mixing baking soda with just enough water to form a thick paste. Apply the paste to the insole and let it sit for 30 minutes. Use a toothbrush to scrub the insole and then rinse with water. Air dry.
- Pour rubbing alcohol into a spray bottle and spray the insole. Use a toothbrush to scrub any tough stains. Let it air dry.
Cleaning your shoes can be a difficult task. But if you follow the steps above, your sneakers should smell fresh again. If you have any other tips on how to clean non-removable insoles, please share them in the comments below.
Can you put insoles in the washing machine?
No. You can clean your insoles using a toothbrush and dish soap in a bowl of water, but you need to make sure that the insoles are completely dry before you stuff them back into your shoes.
Can you put memory foam shoes in the washing machine?
Although there are many health benefits associated with wearing memory foam shoes, you should never put them in the washing machine because they will lose their form and shape.
What home remedy can you use for smelly feet?
One of the quickest ways to get rid of that excess sweat smell in your shoes is to sprinkle baby powder in them. Baby powder absorbs moisture and leaves your shoes smelling fresh.