There’s nothing worse than having a white pair of sneakers that are stained and look dirty. And if you’re an avid Adidas Ultra Boost fan, then you know that keeping them clean is key to ensuring their longevity.
So we put together a guide on how to clean Adidas ultra boost white, using only gentle ingredients that won’t damage the shoes. Read tips on how to keep your White Adidas Shoes looking brand new!
How to clean Adidas ultra boost white | Small Steps
There are things you should know before trying to clean your Adidas ultra boost white. The biggest thing is that the less you do, the better off they’ll be.
The materials and supplies you’ll need:
- Brush or toothbrush (if your sneaker has a mesh upper, then skip the brush and just use the toothbrush)
- Water (tap water should suffice, just make sure it’s not too hot or too cold)
- Baking soda (pure baking powder, NOT baking soda mixed with other ingredients)
- Rubber gloves if you have sensitive skin and don’t want to irritate it.
- Paper towels or a clean cloth and/or rags (again, depending on if your sneakers have a mesh upper or not)
- White vinegar (optional)
Let’s get started
1. If you’re wearing the shoes when trying to clean them, remove them from your feet. Make sure to remove any shoelaces as well, so you don’t accidentally bleach them. This will ensure that you never accidentally bleach any part of the upper.
2. Find a safe place where the shoes can be placed. A closet is ideal, but on the floor of whichever room you’re in should suffice.
3. Read the care tag on the inside of the tongue of your shoe to make sure you know what materials were used to make them (the tag should tell you if it’s got a non-washable suede upper and/or leather accents). This will help ensure that you’re cleaning it properly and won’t damage anything.
4. If your shoes have a lot of dirt on them, take a brush or a toothbrush and brush them off. This will eliminate the loose dirt and make it easier to clean later on.
5. Fill a small bowl with water and add about 1/4 cup of baking soda to it. If you opt for white vinegar instead, use about half a cup. Add your baking soda or vinegar to the water and mix it all together with your hands. The baking soda or vinegar will help to remove any stains that have accumulated on the shoes.
6. Dip a paper towel or cloth into the mixture and start wiping away any stains on your shoes. If you have a mesh upper, use the toothbrush to scrub the upper of your shoes clean. If this doesn’t work, then try adding more baking soda or vinegar to the water (depending on the material of your upper).
7. Rinse out any remaining baking soda or vinegar with tap water, making sure to wash all remnants of the solution off of your shoes.
8. Use another paper towel or cloth to dry off your shoes and allow them to air dry for 30 minutes before wearing them.
9. You can use this same method to get rid of stains on other parts of your sneakers, like the tongue and/or the soles.
If you want to go beyond these simple steps, then there are a few more things you can do to keep your sneakers looking brand new.
1. Use a leather conditioner (specifically for suede) every few weeks depending on how much wear and tear they get. This can usually be found at any shoe repair store or most department stores with an extensive makeup selection, like Macy’s or Sephora. Be sure to always read and follow the instructions and never overapply!
2. Talk with a professional shoe cleaner/shoe shine expert in your town about bringing them in once every 3-4 months, depending on how often you wear them. This will not only keep them clean, but it’ll also extend their lifespan by preventing stains from setting in and potentially damaging the materials used to make the shoes (again, depending on what materials were used to make your sneakers).
3. If you have a non-mesh upper, consider investing in shoe trees if you want them to last longer. Shoe trees are inserts that prevent your shoes from creasing at the toe when stored away.
4. Lastly, our favorite tip is to keep an extra pair of laces for each pair of your ultra boosts (you should always have one spare pair anyway) and switch them out once they get dirty or stained! This simple trick ensures that your sneakers will stay fresh until the next time you decide to clean them.
This was the guide about How to Clean Adidas Ultra Boost White. The Adidas ultra boost white is a very popular shoe. You can choose from different colors and styles, even though that might not be the best idea for everyone.
To keep your shoes looking their best and to extend their life of them, it’s important to clean them after you wear them so we hope this guide has been helpful! Thanks for reading.
Can you put Adidas shoes in the washing machine?
Yes, you can put Adidas shoes in the washing machine, but you have to pay attention to the material. Most Adidas shoes are mesh upper and can be washed by machine, but some other parts like zipper and leather might not be able to wash by machine directly. You can wipe them with a wet cloth or put them in the washing machine with socks.
Can you clean ultra boost with dish soap?
The answer is yes, you can clean Adidas ultra boost white with dish soap. However, you should avoid using strong dish soap that can damage the shoes. If you like, you can use water and vinegar to clean them. And for the best result, you can utilize Adidas Clean Up Shoe Cleaner.
Can you put on ultra boost without socks?
Yes, it is possible to put on Adidas ultra boost without socks. However, if you often wear no-show socks with them for more comfortable wearing, then you shouldn’t wear sneakers without socks when it is dirty and needs to be cleaned.