Do you have a pair of shoes with an insole that cannot be removed? You don’t need to throw away your favorite kicks! With these easy steps, you’ll be able to clean them and keep the insoles intact. The only thing you’ll need is a toothbrush, dish soap, and a bowl of water.
7 Tips, how to Clean Non-removable Insoles?
1. Lightly Scrubbing with Soap
Mix water and a few drops of dish soap in a bowl. Dip your toothbrush into the mixture and scrub the insoles gently. The soap will help to remove any dirt or dust.
2. Use Charcoal
Activated charcoal is known for its ability to absorb dirt and other impurities. You can purchase activated charcoal at most drugstores or online.
3. Using Dish Soap
4. Try a Tooth Brush
Use a soft toothbrush and water to scrub the insole. Be sure to use gentle, circular motions.
5. Use Vinegar
Vinegar is a natural disinfectant and can help to remove any bacteria or fungus from your shoes. Pour white vinegar or apple cider vinegar into a spray bottle and spray the insoles with the mixture. Let it sit for 20 minutes, and then use a toothbrush to scrub the insole, focusing on any tough stains. Rinse with water and air dry.
6. Using Baking Soda Paste
Make a baking soda paste by mixing baking soda with just enough water to form a thick paste. Apply the paste to the insole and let it sit for 30 minutes. Use a toothbrush to scrub the insole and then rinse with water. Air dry.
7. Using Rubbing Alcohol
Pour rubbing alcohol into a spray bottle and spray the insole. Use a toothbrush to scrub any tough stains. Let it air dry.
How to make your sneakers smell fresh again?
After wearing your favorite sneakers, they become moist and start to smell bad. This is because the bacteria that live on your feet thrive in wet environments. To make your sneakers smell fresh again, you can try one of the following methods:
1. Baking soda: Sprinkle some baking soda in your sneakers and let it sit overnight. The next day, shake out the baking soda, and your sneakers will smell fresh.
2. Lemon: Cut a lemon in half and squeeze the juice into your sneakers. Leave the lemon juice in your sneakers for several hours until it dries up. The next day, you can use a toothbrush to clean the lemon juice out of your sneakers.
3. Vinegar: Pour some vinegar into a bowl and soak your sneakers in it for a few hours. Rinse them out, and they will smell fresh again.
4. Baby powder: Sprinkle some baby powder into your sneakers and let it sit overnight. Shake out the baby powder, and your sneakers will smell fresh.
Can you put insoles in the washing machine?
No. You can clean your insoles using a toothbrush and dish soap in a bowl of water, but you need to make sure that the insoles are completely dry before you stuff them back into your shoes.
Can you put memory foam shoes in the washing machine?
What home remedy can you use for smelly feet?
One of the quickest ways to get rid of that excess sweat smell in your shoes is to sprinkle baby powder in them. Baby powder absorbs moisture and leaves your shoes smelling fresh.